While I do audio reviews, there might be some people that would disagree or nitpicking me on some aspects and that is fine. But, to prevent some potential attributes that people might look into too much that I feel worthless to explain, I made this list. Before going into my post, you can expect the following:
- This is an opinion of a guy on the internet: Be wary that I would not try to hide anything if I found it to be bad, even pointing them out in an extreme way if necessary.
- My reviewing process is as follows: I listen to the product for at least a day or two (Anything that I don't have enough confidence in ear-time will be regarded as First impression). I will also discuss with the people around me to hear their opinion on it, so I can find a good way to express the sound characteristics. This method might be prone to potential bias or influence, but I find it the best way for me to practice writing at this time. Such conversations will happen before I write a review anyway, so why not join them?
- Use this as a reference: My ear is different than yours, my taste on music and preference is different from yours. If you have a better chance of accessing the demos, it is better to hear it rather than blind buying.
- Yes, I am a weeb: Just say this so people would stop bringing this out. I am fine with people calling me like that. I do know Japanese had some records of having bad mastered tracks but I don't usually care. I do have other genre in the Western side of the world that I interested in.
- English is not my first language and my writing is amateur at best: Self explanatory, just tell me what is wrong grammatically and I will gladly fix it.
This is a "scoring system" that serves the purpose of summarizing my verdict, where I would factor based on sonic performance, pricing, quality control, competitiveness... Scoring details are below
Recommended: Would be what I usually recommend if you ask me
Recommended/Niches: Bottom of list among the Recommended
Niches: Not bad, but I am not confident in recommending it
Niches/Not recommended: Bottom of list among the Niches
Not recommended: Will hardly be recommended by me